BHC dissolves request challenging Afghan refugees’ repatriation

0
9
BHC dissolves request challenging Afghan refugees' repatriation
Advertisement

Quetta: The Balochistan High Court (BHC) on Saturday dismissed a petition challenging the return of Afghan refugees.

A two -member BHC Bench, comprising actor Chief Justice Muhammad Ajis Swati, and Justice Mohammad Amir Nawaz Rana, heard the petition, which was filed by Advocate Nasrat Hassan Afghani.

Applicants tried to intervene in the court to harass the authorities (registration proof), to harass card holders, violate the right to home dignity and privacy, or to forcibly move the court until at least 22-07-2024 reports.

During the proceedings, Additional Attorney General Mohammed assured the court that the officials were complying with the notification of July 22, 2024 and would work strictly according to the law, which would ensure the harassment of the applicants.

Advertisement

Last year, the federal cabinet approved a one -year extension of the authenticity of the card (evidence of registration) of 1.45 million Afghan refugees till June 30, 2025.

‘KP to forcibly return to Afghan refugees’

On Friday, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Ali Amin Gandpur announced that the provincial government would not force Afghan refugees.

“We couldn’t throw them back to the border”. Addressing a pressure in Islamabad on Friday, Gandpur said, “Afghan migrants will not be sent back until the Afghan government is willing to accept them.”

He said the KP government would not force any Afghan refugees to return. “We have to move forward to talk to Afghanistan,” he said.

He opposed the Center’s policy to deal with people who resorted to weapons.

“We have to see, why they have taken weapons. They are our own people, we have to own them.” Gandpur claimed that “we have a solution to terrorism.”

Advertisement

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here